Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gold


Just a few comments on gold and the gold market. I have always been an admirer of gold but not a true blue gold bug. I understand the importance of gold in the currency market and have heard all the conspiracy stories ad nauseum. My bottom line is what the TA charts tell me because I am no economist nor metals expert.
There are two camps out there right now and one says all the money Obama is pumping into the system will cause massive inflation and gold will soar into the $2000 plus range,and the other says, the FED calls the shots as well as world powers who control the small and tightly controlled gold market and any hope of gold soaring into the megasphere is not going to happen.
This is what brings me back to the TA charts. Why ? Because it takes the emotion out of it. How many times have we been burned buying at the frenzy peak of a market ? we all have, and gold has been one of the worst because time and time again when it gets nailed it, it gets smoked in spades to the downside and major cash is lost in a matter of minutes and hours,not days or weeks like other sectors that buy you a bit of time.
Therefore when gold breaks $1000 and forms a solid base above that level for a few weeks then I will be in there like a dirty shirt because we know a "MAJOR" trend change has ocurred and thats all I care is that is has changed in a big way and not so much why. Any major psychologocal shift in a sector means opportunity knocking bigtime.
Once this happens, I personally believe we will have a new gold bull established and major money will be made if you are in the right companies and that is what I am always on the hunt for when I see a new major trend establish in any sector.
I seek out those small unknown companies that know how to put deals together, finance them and have the quality management to move them forward. If you have any companies you like,feel free to post them and we can discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment